The mission of the Muncie-Delaware County, Indiana “Advanced Manufacturing Initiative” is to support the Vision 2021 economic development goal of expanding and retaining businesses in our county, and to attract new businesses to the county by developing world-class manufacturing resources through:
- Creating awareness of Muncie-Delaware County, East Central Indiana, and Indiana’s advanced manufacturing resources.
- Taking advantage of the educational and training resources of our educational systems to provide top notch, state-of-the-art training to new, existing, and expanding businesses.
- Facilitating access to public resources.
- Reporting progress and updates.
Expertise in Advanced Manufacturing
Muncie-Delaware County has a long and rich history of excellence and innovation in the manufacturing industry, and the sector continues to thrive today. The community has a high concentration of high skilled tool and die and machine shops.
Accelerate Your Business
Corporate leaders in advanced manufacturing including Jarden Home Brands, Maxon-Honeywell, Keihin IPT Manufacturing, MPT-Muncie (Magna), Progress Rail and many others, call Muncie-Delaware County, Indiana home.
Benefits in Brief
- Muncie-Delaware County offers a low-cost, pro-business environment and a highly skilled, educated and capable workforce.
- Our location is in the heart of the U.S. making our area a low cost transportation hub.
- The State’s workers’ compensation and unemployment insurance rates are among the lowest in the country.
- The strong collaborative ties between Ball State University and Ivy Tech Community College make our community a cradle for innovative companies.
- Local government and the State of Indiana offers a wide range of incentives and grants to qualified projects.
- Three fully-serviced industrial parks.
- Quality available industrial and office buildings including three new and expandable speculative shell buildings ranging from 40,000 to 500,000 sf.
- Indiana’s high rate of productivity increase out performs other regional state competitors.
- The community has an excellent transportation network. We have four-lane access to both Interstate 69 (North-South) and Interstate 70 (East-West).
- CSX and Norfolk Southern rail lines both have service in Delaware County.
- We are within a 90 minute drive of three international airports…Indianapolis International (68 miles), Fort Wayne (75 miles), and Dayton, OH (81 miles). Johnson Field is the local general aviation airport and has a 6,500 foot runway.
- Recent state-of-the-art telecommunications legislation has led to major new investments in broadband and fiber optics across the state.
City of Muncie
Delaware County Government
Indiana Economic Development Corporation
Indiana Department of Revenue
Indiana Department of Environmental Management
Indiana Department of Transportation
Indiana Department of Motor Vehicles
University and Colleges for Technical Assistance Links:
Ball State University
Ivy Tech Community College
Indiana Manufacturing Extension Partnership
Workforce Development Links:
Work One – Muncie & East Central Indiana
Indiana Department of Workforce Development
Alliance for Strategic Growth
Indianapolis International Airport
Fort Wayne International Airport
Dayton International Airport
Johnson Field (Delaware County Airport)
Indiana Manufacturer’s Association
Maritime Port Links:
Ports of Indiana
Ports of Indiana – Jeffersonville
Ports of Indiana – Burns Harbor