Why Muncie-Delaware County?
Strategic Location & Nationally Recognized
- Muncie-Delaware County has a city population of approximately 70,087, a county population of 117,671 and a regional population of approximately 429,000. It is strategically located 58 miles northeast of Indianapolis.
- Easy access to the top 100 markets in the country, Muncie-Delaware County has a diverse economic landscape.
- Central location and unsurpassed infrastructure for logistics and distribution.
- Workforce that is experienced in life science, advanced manufacturing, 21st century logistics and information technology.
- Muncie-Delaware County provides the advantages of a large metropolitan area with the conveniencesand quality of life of a smaller, more comfortable community.
- Muncie is the only city in Indiana to be recognized as the Indiana “Community of the Year” twice by the Indiana State Chamber of Commerce.
Great Place to Work & Grow a Business
- Strength in our communities springs from the people who live and work here. Muncie-Delaware County has a young, diverse workforce with a strong, productive work ethic.
- Businesses include Fortune 500 companies Navient, Concentrix, Progress Rail Services, SuperValu, Jarden Home Brands, and Ardagh Group.
- Keihin Aircon North America (Honda Supplier) helps anchor the Airpark Industrial Park.
- Muncie-Delaware County has three fully-serviced industrial parks and a Certified Technology Park.
- Auto manufacturing giant Magna Powertrain (MPT-Muncie) continues to expand its operations in Delaware County in the Industria Centre Industrial Park.
- European wind energy company Brevini (Italy) has established U.S.A. headquarters and manufacturing operations in Delaware County in the Park One Business Park.
- Progress Rail Services, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., has located a locomotive assembly facility in Muncie.
- Automotive supplier Mursix Corporation has recently expanded its building footprint and workforce, and continues to invest as the business grows, currently occupying nearly a half-million square feet.
- Navient has expanded its facility, adding hundreds of jobs, making it the largest for-profit employer in Delaware County.